Friday, December 11, 2009

Acceptance

Friday I got my acceptance letter from Mercy Ships so its 100% official (insert here a happy dance). I just realized I'm not going to Benin, going to Togo. Togo is the next door neighbor tho so same thing really (I think...wonder if they speak French there too, probably).

I'm more excited today than I have been in a very long time. Even though I am extremely stressed since I leave in a month and a half, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Some days a little doubt likes to enter the back of my head (you know which one I'm talking about). Especially when people say stuff like "wow thats crazzy" or "that takes alot of courage". I kind of feel like ummm hello am I missing something? I guess because I'm not really that scared of anything except the flying part. lol. I dont like to fly. At all.

But, I found this scripture on the Mercy Ships facebook, and it makes me feel better.
And the Lord said, "whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I answered, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8

I like it because it's so simple and says so much. I'm into that kinda thing. But I really like it because God says "whom shall I send, and who will go for us", and theres not like some kind of struggle or an answer, "ill go if..." or "I'll go but...", its just "Here am I, send me." And thats kinda how I felt when I saw the Mercy Ships position open, "well I'm going to Africa to live on a ship". It wasnt a decision that I made, it is a purpose that I knew it was time to fulfill. I didn't think about it and haggle myself to death. I just KNEW its time to go and this is where you are going.

So I don't know how many people actually are going to read this, but FYI we are working on getting a benefit concert together featuring Travis Mitchell (travismitchellmusic.com) So if anyone wants to come then send me an email, Facebook or comment on here and I will get you the details. :) Once we have details to give that is.

Well I guess that is all for now :)

A toi pour la vie!

2 comments:

  1. Midwah (that's Linda's french name for me)January 6, 2010 at 11:23:00 PM CST

    Love your willingness to serve! Praying you will find great blessings through your adventures in this next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midwah, thanks for the comment. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2009 Mercy Me All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul