Thursday, December 10, 2009

L'Afrique

So, looks like I'm going to Benin, Africa for 7 months! Wow. Thats a long time. ah. But, this is the reason for my blogging, I will be traveling with Mercy Ships (mercyships.org) as a photojournalist. Hummm nervous, yeupp. I will tryin to update this thing a couple times a week or something and talk about what I see and do and experience :) And I will probably post alot of pictures

Blogging. So I have never had a blog before, I guess the closest thing to a blog that I've written is facebook status updates. Aha! I think this takes practice!

So this whole moving to Africa thing has me really stressed right now as you can imagine. I leave Jan 25 until August 2010. And best part I just found out 2 weeks ago :( oh. When I applied, I applied for a position starting May of 2010. Planning to leave in May was stressin me enough and then they come and say Jan? Oh Lord, what am I doing! Uh.

About me, So I'm 21, mainly a photographer, tho, I have a real job. lol. And a writer? Hummm I guess we will see since I am also the writer on that ship. I bet I figure it out! Hopefully.

I've always known I'd end up in Africa. But thats another post....
The title is L'Afrique because in Benin they speak French so, thats Africa in French FYI.

The last couple of weeks have been insane. Finding out that I need to leave in Jan. My mom and I are trying to get together some fundraisers to raise the money for me to go (its ridic expensive) ugh. Then making list on what I need to bring. For some reason I like to pack.. IDK something about checking list and packing everything into duffel bags and seeing how much you can cram. I dont know really, kinda weird. But I am actually looking forward to my post about what I packed.

Oh and I have to quit smoking :( 28 hours and I've only had 3 cigs. I feel like slapping someone. Driving in Dallas is the worst time of the day tho. I started screamin at some chick on my way to work today, just randomly i dont remember what she did... lols. I also have to learn French in a month. French, extreme stress, airplanes and no cigs... NOT a good combination! :(

Ok so it looks like I hit all the basics, I'm a photographer (and all of a sudden a writer lmao), my name is Joy and I'm moving to Africa for 7 months. I'm terribly excited about this adventure btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to watch this video: Journey by Jah Cure


Thats it for now!

Un amour

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Mercy Me All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul